A simple process to detect leaks that may exist anywhere in your home or business.
- Turn off all water inside and outside, making sure that no one uses water during the test period.
- Read your meter. Make a note of where the sweep hand is located on your meter.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes and see if the hand has moved.
- If the hand has moved, there is a leak somewhere.
Leaks inside your home or business can be very expensive and can cause significant property damage. The customer is responsible for everything from the connection of their service line to San Gabriel Valley Water Company’s coupling.
(AMR Check for Leaks)
Automated Meter Reading (AMR) meters have been created to detect leaks within your home, please do the following to check for leaks if you have an AMR meter:
- Look for a faucet icon above the LCD readout on your meter. If there is no faucet icon above the LCD readout, no leaks have been detected within the last 24 hours.
- If the faucet icon is flashing it indicates an intermittent leak occurrence over the last 24 hours. Check interior and exterior faucets and valves in toilets to see if leakage is occurring.
- If the faucet icon is solid it indicates a continuous leak occurrence over the last 24 hours. Check the 9th digit in your LCD readout to see if it is incrementing. If so, check interior and exterior faucets, valves in toilets, and look around the exterior of the home for signs of surface water.
Please contact us if you need assistance in determining if you have a leak, or if you have any questions regarding your water service.